Saturday, December 20, 2014

Stitch from Stash update #12

It's just me and little man today, hubby and daughter are out Christmas shopping and then going to see the new Hobbit movie, so I thought that I would pop on here and give my final update for this year's stitch from stash.
I finally got around to making up some of my stitching pieces into ornaments and a pillow. I am so happy with how they all turned out. :-) I once ruined a piece completely while trying to make it up, so I have been a little hesitant. I decided to just put my big girl panties on and get it done!
:-) :-) :-) The funny thing is that I can sew fairly complicated items. I have made two period correct Regency gowns and undergarments. I am just one of those people who need step by step instructions. :-)
One of my goals for next year, is to try and learn different finishing techniques and being better at making up all of the pieces that I have waiting in my stitching bag.
I am so excited that I made it through the entire year of the stitch from stash challenge. I have already signed up for the next one. I am really going to try and spend as little as possible in the next challenge. I have so much amazing stash that I want to stitch.
So without any further ramblings here is my update. I had $71.42 carryover and adding this month's budget of $ 25 that gives me $ 96.42.
I spent $ 6 on etsy for an older pattern that I have been searching for and $28.20 at the Strawberry Sampler for 3 skeins of over dyed threads and 3 patterns. :-)
So, I ended up with a balance of $62.22. I think that is pretty good ! :-)
Well, lots of wrapping to do and a few knitted gifts left to finish. I will be back soon with a post on a different kind of WIP. :-)
Happy Stitching!
Love, Heather
Be Merry by LHN
 
The fabric that I used to finish Be Merry
 
The Christmas tree is taken from the Snowglobe ornament from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
 
The fabric that I used to finish the scissor fob.
 
Joy and Peace by LHN
 
The fabric that I used to finish Joy and Peace.
 
My mom stitched this years ago and decided it needed to be mine. I finally got around to making it up into a pillow. I love it!!
 
I love this bird fabric that I used to make the pillow. 
Button up Birdies #1 by  Victoria Sampler 
Noel ornament by Log Cabin Needleworks
I made this one for my Momma for Christmas 

8 comments:

Tricia T said...

Congratulations on finishing Heather! You did a great job on your ornaments and pillows. Good for you to go for it!!

Merry Christmas!!

Barb said...

Wonderful finishing!You did a great job!

Beth said...

Really nice finishing Heather!

Julie said...

Lovely selection of ornaments.
Have a lovely Christmas

Rachel said...

Congratulations on finishing SFS with a positive balance! That must be a very rewarding feeling! I love all of your little ornaments too. They are really cute and finished off with such perfect fabric. Well done!!! :)

Carol said...

How nice to see all of your pretty Christmas finishes, Heather! Your tree will look fabulous this year, I'm sure :)

Wishing you and your family every blessing this Christmas season and all the best in the new year!

Ruth said...

Congrats on your SFS work -- a whole year of dedication deserves a pat on the back (or a nice Sunday brunch out). And the finishing -- well, I think it is safe to say that you can finish goodies for my tree any time. :) Congrats! And Merry Christmas!!!

Brigitte said...

A successful challenge for you over the whole year. For me, too, it was a fun year because I discovered and started/stitched wonderful charts from my stash that had been buried there for quite some time.
Adorable ornaments that you finished.