Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Stitch from Stash

Month: February
Spent: $12.58 Balance: $ 23.22
Earned: $8.00

Good afternoon! Happy last day of February! :-)

 I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be back in a few days with my February stitcheries made up. Well, I was working on them on the 31st of January and my sewing machine died. :-( I finally got it back a few days ago and finished everything up on Thursday night. :-) 


This month did not go as I had planned. :-) But, that is okay. :-) I had originally planned to start my tea tray project earlier in the month, but as I was looking for some of the threads I found a few projects that I felt like I needed to finish first. :-)


I decided to finish Party Cakes by Country Cottage Needleworks, that I started last year on my birthday. I finished it on Valentines day, so two days after my birthday. :-) I am very happy with it, and I am trying to decide how to finish it. It will eventually be in my dining room. Very excited to have this finished. 


I have made a small start on my tea tray project. My hubby is getting me the tray. Very excited about that! I also got a lovely H needle minder and some cross stitch magazines. :-) My next big project is going to be the Patisserie stitchery from the latest Cross stitch and Needlework magazine. :-)


I follow a cross stitcher on instagram, that is always making the loveliest covers for her q snaps and matching needle minders. So, I thought that I would have a go at it. I found a tutorial on Pinterest and used some fabric from my stash. I will make a few changes the next time I make one, but overall I am very pleased with it! 


I am adding a few pictures of my newest February stitcheries and a couple of older ones. I used some of the tips that Carol of Stitching Dreams, shared recently. Wow! What a difference that made! If you haven't read that post, then head on over! Thank you so much Carol! She is the sweetest! :-)


Well the sun is shining (rare! ), and I am going to take advantage of it! :-) I hope that this finds you all well and enjoying some stitching time! 


Happy stitching!
Love, Heather
 
Party Cakes when I picked it back up. (I was too lazy to iron it! :o)

 
 
  Party Cakes by Country Cottage Needleworks


 
 Some of my February stitcheries.


 
 Sew in Love by istitch


February Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks



 Joyful Journal: February by Heart in Hand

 


 February Calendar Girl by Little House Needleworks


 My new start and my new q-snap cover and matching needleminder.

 
Birthday gift and my next big project.
 
My new H needleminder

 
A gift from a friend a few years ago. 

 
The same pattern as above, but done completely different. :o) 

12 comments:

Barb said...

You have so many lovely stitches for Feb. The finishing looks great!

Rachel said...

Some lovely progress and finishes. Well done!

Marilyn said...

Party Cakes is too pretty.
Your Feb finishes are all nice too.
You have some cute needleminders.
Marilyn

Justine said...

Beautiful February finishes! Can't wait to see how you finish the gorgeous Party Cakes. Your new Qsnap cover looks great!

Deb said...

LOVE your party cakes!!
Beautiful work and finishes!!!

Brigitte said...

So nice to see all these beautiful February finishes. Party Cakes is looking great and so are all the little pillows that you finished. Yes, Carol's tips are really good.

Mii Stitch said...

Party Cakes looks great!!!
Some lovely finishes :)

Carol said...

Good morning, and Happy March, Heather!! I sure hope this month is kinder to us (weather wise!!)...

Love your Party Cake finish--I just completed CCN's "The Bakery" which is similar :) I am ordinarily not a big "pink" girl--but I just needed some pastel colors to help me through February!

So glad my tips helped--all of your smalls finishes look great! I look forward to seeing your tea tray project, too :)

Have a great week!

Karen Andreola said...

I sympathize with your sewing machine being "on the mend." But oh, what a pretty collection of February stitching - a collage in pinks. The tray-cakes are deliciously sweet. The spots on "Sew in Love" look like something I would give a try - as well as "Be Mine." The stuffed heart in layers of fabric is a dainty dish, too. But, I'm partial to pink.

Julie said...

A post crammed full with such pretty stitching and beautiful finishing, well done Heather.

Sally said...

Wow you have so many beautiful finishes for February. Love them all.

You're doing great on SFS so far. I'm kind of struggling right now and may have to do some calculations as I'm hankering after the Shepherd's Bush Shepherd's Fold series but it's rather pricey. Maybe I need to earn some more pennies from finishes before I decide! Lol!

Gillie said...

Bit late to the commenting party, lol, but yes, great finishes, well done! And Carol is as lovely in real life as she is on her blog!