Monday, December 23, 2013

December Cottage

Good morning everyone!  It's beautifully foggy here. I LOVE fog! :-)
I am ready for Christmas. I have a very excited little one. I am afraid that he probably won't sleep for the next two nights!  ;-)
I have a finish to show you. I finished December cottage a few days before thanksgiving and had it ready to go in the frame by the first. I have stitched a little bit on an ornament but I am afraid that that is all for the month. When we rearranged our furniture to fit the tree in,  I lost my good lighting. I have been knitting a lot though. I don't need much lighting to knit, thankfully.  ;-)
We got some nice snowfall this month which thrilled my children's souls!  We have the perfect sledding backyard.  So little man trudged up and down the hill until it was a muddy mess!
I have been working on my stitching goals for next year and I hope to share them with you next week.
I hope that you all are having a happy and peace filled day!
Love, Heather

6 comments:

Cactusneedle said...

How fun to have a hill in your own back yard! Love the little stitched house. Living in Arizona, I miss snow. I lived in Michigan for some years and loved the seasons.

Mouse said...

that looks way fun to sledge in your own yard .... love the hat too and hope you all have a merry Christmas and a very happy stitchy new year love mouse xxxxxx

Carol said...

Love that December cottage, Heather--especially the cardinal perched on the pine tree. So glad the kids enjoyed the snow! Our has melted and it doesn't look like we'll be having a white Christmas, unfortunately :(

Wishing you and your family a very special Christmas, Heather!

Barb said...

I love the little cottage finish! What fun that hill must be for sledding. When my children were little, we had a hill on our street. They loved it.

Catherine said...

Love the December finish ~ that frame is perfect! I wasn't ready for the snow so early, but now that the warm temps and rain have washed. It away, I am a little sad there will be none for Christmas ~ and, the record, after all the rain, my yard is now a muddy mess too! Merry Christmas!

Heather Rogers said...

Love your final project. Just in time for Christmas too. :)

Hugs,
Heather