Thursday, May 17, 2012

Some more stitching.....

 Here is May Cottage from CCN and the next picture you can see it in context. This is the wall above my piano in my sitting room, which is the first room that you walk into in my home. ;o)
 Here is the progress that I have made on European Goldfinches by Crossed Winged Collection.It is coming along nicely. I am really enjoying this one, I am stitching it on 32ct platinum linen with the recommended DMC threads. I have put it aside for now while I am working on June Cottage. I will pull it out again soon.
 Here is my before picture of In the Garden with Jane Austen.
 And this is what I stitched on Friday afternoon while I watched the first 2 chapters of the '95 A&E Pride & Prejudice. (I love that movie!!!)
I finished April showers by CCN on Tuesday evening. I am going to try and stretch it today and hopefully be back tomorrow to show y'all! ;o)
I hope all the mommas who read my blog had a lovely Momma's day on Sunday. I had a lovely one!! The only sad part was that my oldest couldn't come home! :o( I got some lovely stash and will show that with my next post.
I had better get busy and get some work done before it heats up! It is supposed to be 99 today! ICK! ;o)

Happy stitching1
Heather

6 comments:

Nancy M said...

So far I have liked everyone's post of the May cottage. When I pulled the threads I didn't think the color was as aqua as the photo. I still haven't stitched it. I'm anxious to see June....I wasn't thrilled with the design. I really like July though. Your other pieces look great too. Had a great mother's day! My husband did all the cooking and both kids were home!

Mouse said...

ooo well done on your cottage finish and a lovely place for it too ... nice progress on your jane austin piece as well :) and the birdie is gorgeous :) love mouse xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your cottage finish is lovely and looks great on your wall.
Great progress on your other stitching too.

Unknown said...

Very nice house in May))
I also embroider these houses. I invite you to visit

Kathy Ellen said...

'May' cottage is beautiful, Heather, and I love your sweet arrangement of so many lovely things, on the wall above your piano.

Your stitching on 'European Goldfinches' is truly beautiful, and 'In the Garden... is coming along nicely too. I love 'Pride & Prejudice' too..... a perfect movie to watch while enjoying your needlework.

Blessings!

Carol said...

Such a pretty cottage, Heather... and your little display is charming :)